Now is the time… I must bite the bullet and list my favourite reads of 2016. (I say reads because some of these were released before 2016 and I only got round to reading them in 2016, sorry!)
Here we go…
They are by no means in any order… and they’re mostly YA. But there you go. My favourite reads of 2016 (from top to bottom)
- Patrick Ness – A Monster Calls. Heartbreaking, chilling and magical.
- Melinda Salisbury – The Sleeping Prince. Wicked, daring and enchanting.
- Alwyn Hamilton – Rebel of the Sands. Dangerous, fun and adventure filled.
- M. R. Carey – Girl with all the Gifts. Quirky, heartfelt and interesting.
- Jojo Moyes – Me Before You. This will make your heart feel amazing and then rip it out.
- Sara Barnard – Beautfiful Broken Things. Relatable, frank and emotive.
- Louise Gornell – Under Rose Tainted Skies. Honest, touching and warm.
- M.R.Carey – Fellside. Tough, mysterious and dark.
- Laure Eve – The Graces. Deceptive, fun and wicked.
- I’ll Be Home For Christmas. Touching, evocative and sincere.
- Emery Lord – When We Collided. Emotional, loving and tough.
- Non Pratt – Unboxed. Easy going, poignant and memory filled.
There is a MG/picture book version coming in the next few days!
What were your favourite books of 2016? Let me know in the comments or on twitter!