We are coming to the end of the #DesertIslandBooks entries sadly! There are still a few to come, and if you still have one to send in, please do! Keep your eyes peeled in the new year, I have another tag idea brewing at the minute! If you might be interested then let me know!
But for now, I welcome my lovely friend Layla to share her #DesertIslandBooks choices! You’ll find her @readable_life on twitter! Go follow her, she’s lovely!
Thank you to the amazing Steph for sharing such a cool idea! I’ve decided to take the plunge and torture myself with cutting down my favourite books from many to six. SIX. Goodness, that’s not very many at all… So let’s get to it, shall we?
- Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- Nimona by Noelle Stephenson
- Who Let The Gods Out by Maz Evans
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
The Lord Of The Rings three-in-one by J.R.R. Tolkien(Is that technically cheating? Oh…)
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
This is the hardest question. One the one hand, it’s an unlimited supply of a snack that I love. On the other hand, am I going to get bored of this snack? Is there fruit already available on the island so I don’t have to pick satsumas? I hope theres citrus fruit available… I suppose I’d choose french fries! I know, super unhealthy, but they are so GOOD.
Tea or Coffee?
Surprisingly enough, I don’t really drink much of either. ‘Madness!’ I hear you cry. ‘An outrage!’ ‘She can’t be British without tea flowing through her veins!’ Well…I just don’t really drink much! If I had to choose, it would be a healthy supply of chai tea lattes, please!
- To All Of You by Syd Matters
- Meet Me In The Hallway by Harry Styles
- Closer To The Edge by 30 Seconds To Mars
- The Kill by 30 Seconds To Mars
- What We Lost In The Fire by Troy Baker
- Empire State Of Mind by Alicia Keys/Jay Z
- Over and Over by Nelly/Tim Mcgraw
- Changes by 2Pac/Talent
- 19-2000 by The Gorillaz
- Asterisk by Orange Range
- The Sky by Hajime Wakai
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard
- Nate’s Theme by Greg Edmonson
- Confessions by Masashi Hamauzu
- Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling
Uh oh. The Desert Island Police are here, desperate for good music to listen to and good books to read. Out of the kindness of my heart, I hand over the majority of my possessions. But that leaves only two things left to keep…
- Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix by J.K. Rowling. I’m sorry other books, I really am. OoTP is the one book that I’ve read so many times it’s falling to pieces. Time and time again, I know I can return to this period of Hogwarts and have all of that magic come straight back to me immediately.
- Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling. This was actually a lot harder than the books. Unlike the books, where I know I’ll enjoy them any time, you have to really be in a certain mood to listen to some songs. Crystallize was one piece of music that I always seemed to go back to, through college, university, and even now. It’s a brilliant piece of music, and has a great blend of dubstep and electronic violin, perfect for any mood.
Thank you so much Layla for agreeing to be castaway! I LOVE that you have a Christmas song on that list… now I might need to put a Christmas song on my list!